Changed substrate and made improvements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went from sand to caribsea plant substrate and also traded a PlayStation game for Christmas moss. I am trying to create a moss wall on the back of the tank. I created a few trees with driftwood, Christmas moss, Java moss and super glue. I'm hoping everything takes. I purchased endlers from thetunamanphd and they are doing great!. He sent very healthy fish. I wish they were easier to take photos of with a phone. I also added a bit of dwarf grass in patches. Hopefully it will take off and not melt as I have a low tech tank.

Great idea to get more plants.

Moss walls are hard to get to grow well due to lack of surface circulation and light at the best angle.

DHG has grown well for me with medium light, so if the light you have is stronger in a certain place try moving it there. Also a good long light span with plant rated grow lights when they are lower intensity, is helpful.

I had my last batch grow in a glass turtle bowl on a covered patio with minimal direct sun under a deck. I also had one bunch grow with plant substrate in a clear plastic starbucks cup and lid near a outside window under the covered deck. Healthy. So they can grow in less than very bright light.

Good plant growing to you.

Back
Top Bottom