Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help, I just started the cycle on my 5 gallon tank three days ago and I’m showing ammonia 1.0 nitrite 1.0 and nitrate5.0. I thought it’s supposed to take longer to get here. I did happen to put some used media in the filter but it was slowing down the water flow so I removed it. Everything was at 0 yesterday morning. It’s a planted tank with driftwood and a small piece of slate . My substrate eco complete.

What are you testing with? A good liquid test or with test strips? Since you put the cycled media in there you semi seeded the new media. This is why you see the cycle moving faster. I would put it back in even if it is slowing down flow a bit.

Just throw the used media in the tank. You don't necessarily need to have it in your filter

Help

API freshwater Master test kit. I think I threw it away. Would it be ok to swirl the filter from my betta tank ? I’m really confused on where to go from here. Do I still dose ammonia and how often? I need help finishing this cycle. Plus I found two small rams horn snails that must have hitched a ride on a plant.

Cycling help

I checked my tank today and now ammonia .25 nitrite 2.0 nitrate 10 I’m lost, do I need to add ammonia? This is only day 5 of cycle.

Back
Top Bottom