Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told I could keep 20 mbuna cichlids in a 20 long AND the biowheel 150 would be enough filtration. I laughed at him and just walked out. Oh and it was there "cichlid expert" that told me that.

When i first got into the hobby, [store] told me that 6 tiger barbs would go great with my Angel in my 30 gallon! And naturally, the angel's fins completely disappeared the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a pair of Angelfish that would eat the eggs or fry. Even after removing the eggs and hatching them separate I couldn't keep them alive long enough for them to absorb the yolk sack at 9 or 10 days old and start feeding baby brine shrimp. So I never got them to that stage. The advice I was given was that some people were having problems from bleaching the BBS hatchery jars......Huh? I don't think some people actually read your post before answering, Duh!

Whole Frozen peas straight from the freezer bag will fix bloating. But DON'T BLANCH THEM, SHELL THEM, OR CUT THEM INTO BITE SIZE PIECES, cause it takes all the nutrients out.

How about those knowledgable [store] fish department employees? Not advice per se but when I asked how much the upside down cats were, (they were Feather Fins) the answer was, "Oh those are Plecostamus. They are $4.95.".......Me, "I'd like two of them."

How about those knowledgable [store] fish department employees? Not advice per se but when I asked how much the upside down cats were, (they were Feather Fins) the answer was, "Oh those are Plecostamus. They are $4.95.".......Me, "I'd like two of them."

I think the happened to CGTHEBEAST too.

I was at one of the best pet stores in my area and asked for a few clown plecos. The employee that helped me started catching some synodontis cats. I had to show them which fish the plecos are.

I was at one of the best pet stores in my area and asked for a few clown plecos. The employee that helped me started catching some synodontis cats. I had to show them which fish the plecos are.

Haha I had a similar situation. A long long time ago in California I asked for a clown Pleco. The guy started to net a saltwater tomato clown fish. The guy was so embarrassed.

I was trying to explain to my friends why keeping fish in bowls is a bad idea. I told them that it's the same as keeping a kitten in a trash can. They didn't see a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom