Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corys like being alone & don't do well in groups

If you have a Pleco you don't need to gravel vac or do water changes

You can & should leave your lights on all the time

Its sad my bestfriends dad gave me that advice. And my tap water has super high nitrates so once a week I go over there and lug 15 one gallon jugs home with me. He looks at me like I'm an idiot.

This common pleco will do just fine in a 10g tank.

It has gotten to the point where I ask them questions I already know the answer to. One reason is for shiggles. The other is to determine if I will buy fish there... ever.

I got told this, goldfish are dumb, they have a three second memory span, if you don't feed him, he will forget about it, if you keep him in a bowl and he is the size of a fist, he won't care because of their short memory span, just do your weekly water changes, it's so dumb it doesn't even make sense

This common pleco will do just fine in a 10g tank.

It has gotten to the point where I ask them questions I already know the answer to. One reason is for shiggles. The other is to determine if I will buy fish there... ever.

So it's ok to keep a fish that is longer than the tank, what's up with that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad my bestfriends dad gave me that advice. And my tap water has super high nitrates so once a week I go over there and lug 15 one gallon jugs home with me. He looks at me like I'm an idiot.

I guess he's the dumb one

The guppies probably do dye, but the bottom feeders make them disappear
That sounds like my parents, they didn't listen to me about pond snails, now we have an invasion of asexually reproducing snails!

I mean I don't mind them, but after letting them reproduce like my mom and dad said, man would you be mad! It's like have a side wall is black with pond snails!

"Cycling your tank isn't necessary." ~Employee of LFS which I will NEVER GO THERE EVER AGAIN

Worst thing is I believed it -.-' my tank was never properly cycled before adding fish. Luckily none died from that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think too many people think fish just dont live long. When in fact that isnt the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom