Eating Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarloves

Aquarium Advice Activist
I dont know about you guys, but Im quite attatched to my aquarium fish. Sometimes, when having dinner, I find it difficult to eat fish like salmon or trout. Haha. I was wondering how many of you think twice about eating fish now that you have aquariums.

I don't really have a problem eating fish, but I now have more trouble catching and cleaning them. It did not used to bother me so much, but now I don't go fishing like I used to.

I really only eat salmon and tuna...but yeah, I do feel bad, and always have because I have always loved fish and the ocean...

There was a thread about this a while back...

I like fish. Especially when the are stuffed with deviled crab. I don't feel the least bit bad about eating fish. Just like my fish don't feel bad about eating fish (read the ingredients on your flakes). Is that Elton John I hear singing "circle of life"?

I'm not going to look at my tank and start salivating though.

From Circle of Iron (a movie taking place in ancient China)

master: A fish saved my life once.

student: Really? How did he do that?

master: I ate him.

I don't like eating fish because they taste fishy. That sounds odd--they are fish, they should taste like fish--I just don't like it.

I went to the Aquarium resturant a few weeks ago. Its this GIANT tank filled with all sorts of sea life with tables circling it to watch the fish as you eat dinner. I felt very odd eating fish. Its like having a BBQ in a barn or something. But other than that I like fish. I've liked raw oysters ever since I was 10 or so... talk about the weird looks I get hehe. Oysters aren't "fish" but you get my point.. or do i even have a point?

I usually have nigiri sushi for lunch on Fridays. It's become somewhat of a tradition where I work. Seems weird that so many people don't like to eat fish. They are really good for you...

even the "sturdier" meated fish? like sturgeon, or tuna? way different texture than other fish. not quite as fishy tasting, either. mmm, yummy....

I delt with this moral delema to.

Then I realized... Food tastes good. And its gone down hill from there.

Nothing beats salmon with hollandaise sauce!

I would eat Flounder 7 days a week if I could get it. Got an uncle that owns a shrimp boat and I used to get all kinds of shrimp and flounder and crabs. =Man sometimes I miss the coast. :roll: About the best thing I have ever eaten has to be soft shell crabs. That's tasty :twisted:

yeah i stopped eating salmon as a joke. but i love trout. its soo good with my mom/grandma putting in crab sauce, dried crushed peppers and sesame oil. i dont really like salmon. its dry. but i luv sushi :)

There are so many kinds, though, so you can find very mild tasting fish that is not "fishy" as I definitely do not care for it. I grew up eating Chesapeake Bay fish, which for the most part are extremely bony and fishy tasting. I do enjoy sushi occasionally, and really like fish like pompano, mahi mahi, and halibut (favorite).

What's odd is that I'm still an avid fisherman. I enjoy eating everything I catch as long as it's eaten the same day. I do find I release back whatever I'm certain won't be eaten. I wanted to keep that 700lb Blue Marlin I caught, but released it when I found out what it cost to have it mounted. *LOL*

I like eating fish that don't look like fish. Like fish sticks, fish steaks, fish fillets...

When I was a kids having parents from the carribean we would eat fish all the time, and I would have to cut fish heads off (anyone remember the fish heads song???) and scale them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom