Garden time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear that, 40mph gusts here. But your plants are looking good.

Yeah, we had snow this morning, to the west it accumulated .5 inches.
Crazy huh, hope it gets nicer here and in fl.

I'm thinking [emoji41]

I do all his ferts and pest control. We share crop it. Peanuts right now. We have another 80ac in corn

We live on 160 acres that was my wife's grandfather's, a friend cash rents it.
My mother's family farms, my cousin and his twin boys are the 5th generation to farm our ground, about 3000 acres.
He grows mostly waxy corn, when we were growing up we had beef cattle and farrow to finish hogs.

We live on 160 acres that was my wife's grandfather's, a friend cash rents it.
My mother's family farms, my cousin and his twin boys are the 5th generation to farm our ground, about 3000 acres.
He grows mostly waxy corn, when we were growing up we had beef cattle and farrow to finish hogs.
Super cool I only have 120ac. But I help alot of local farmers here with thier fields.

Yeah, but it's warm there. Lol

To [emoji383] to start from scratch and farm when younger, hence ....toolman.

Ya....if only 30 yrs ago I would of listened to Mark Twain... buy land they're not making any more of it

Oh ya, I have a 9000sf lot!? Hahaha.

We lived on some acreage growing up. [emoji206] [emoji213] ? [emoji190] [emoji192] and sugar beets. Surrounded by almond groves.

Now I make these...1491490600873.jpg

And my only livestock...
[emoji222] [emoji225]
[emoji190] [emoji192]

We lived on some acreage growing up. [emoji206] [emoji213] ? [emoji190] [emoji192] and sugar beets. Surrounded by almond groves.
Ya but you got nice place....probably got cable tv, house phone, trash pick up, a fire dept, internet, stores, all the luxuries.

Most dont wanna be in the sticks. I dont mind talking to people I just don't want neighbors at all. Fine if I dont see anyone. I dont want stores, traffic lights, or trash. I dont wanna lock my doors. I want to get meat from my back yard. I want bears in my front yard. Im sick in the head I guess.

The VA says so...lol

I have lived both. Sticks and the big city. Good and bad in either.
If I ever retire I would like to go about an hour out of town. 20 acres. Probably up above Yuba City on the feather river.

I have lived both. Sticks and the big city. Good and bad in either.
If I ever retire I would like to go about an hour out of town. 20 acres. Probably up above Yuba City on the feather river.
Sounds nice I hope you get there. Do it. Only live once. Always a reason not too.

Am-ens???

~~~
Only planted some Pansys a couple weeks ago. This weekend going to plant some cabbage, or something that can withstand frost!!! No planting frost sensitive things till Mothers Day here in Foothill/Plains of Colorado. Potatoes and cabbages at St. Patricks day.

My raised beds are ready. Will pull everything today and plant sunmer crops. Everything is up in my rows. Planted the misses in okra and peas. Taters arent gonna do much I dont think. Probably pull them and go ahead with my corn. IMG_20121113_075719_234-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom