Help! Cloudy Then Green Water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quinn2676

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 125g freshwater fish tank with 5 goldfish in it and two emperor 400 filters in it. The water has always been clear since I've owned it for the last 4 months until I added my second emperor 400 filter and then the water turned from cloudy to green within a week so someone at my pet store told me to do 50% water changes every 2-3 days until it clears up then do my regular 25% water changes a week. but this has been going on for two weeks and I don't know what to do please help!

What are your water parameters, and have they remained steady? Aside from the addition of the second filter, has anything else changed?

To be honest I know it's bad of me but I usually don't check that I've had these goldfish for 4 years and this is there new home and they have always been healthy so I have never been worried about it and I love quite a long way away from any pet store or Walmart or pool store that would sell a kit for me to test my water but if I have to make that trip I guess I can! Besides anything else changing, nothing has changed!

Green water is algae floating in the water.
Total blackout for a week might help but most just go with uv like the green machine.

Back
Top Bottom