JEBO, why so cheap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
If any of you have gone to www.aquatraders.com , can you tell my why the stuff is so cheap? I just bought a 4x55 water CF strip with bulbs for $60.00!! ww.peteducation.com has the coralife with same wattage for $240. This place also has a 10 gallon nanocube with light+filter for $30. It just doesnt make sense how theirs is so much cheaper than other places. "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills"
-Mugatu, Zoolander

Thanks
Ben

I believe it is because its built in China at a low price. I purchased a jebo light for myself and have had it running for over a week so far with no problems. It does heat up but it hasn't made an impact on my water. If you live in higher temp areas than maybe a fan would be useful but I live in Santa Barbara. I have a constant temp of 75 degrees. However I have purchased a protein in-sump skimmer made by Jebo and it isn't the easiest to setup or maintain. If you want insurance, go with quality name brands, although my lights are working properly.

We also have a jebo skimmer and a jebo 24" light. I actually thought the skimmer was a great improvement over the seaclone and the light is great. It had a clear plexi cover over the bulbs and it was getting hot, so I took out the plexi because I have a plexi cover on the tank. Now there is a 1/4" gap between the light body and the tank plexi so I get a little bit of air between and it has cooled it off considerably. I am also very pleased with this particular brand and it's economic price. I got both on ebay for very little money.

Ahh I was considering setting up a 10gal saltwater with one of their light systems but the wattage is just too high isn't it??

Mine is a 20g and has 24" 130watts on it. I don't think it's too much light. It looks great.

Oh, you mean the 110 watt system. It would definatly work on the tank, but i consider it a little overkill, could easily turn into an agale vat quickly.

Is that site Reputable?

Cause, I was going to build my own light system for my 30gal, but that 36inch PCF 110watt powerstrip is so cheap! It would be cheaper for me to just buy it from that site then build my own.

I just got the 24" 65 watt pc from aquatraders.com the other day..... No problems with the order at all. Came the day they said it would...
The light did shut itself off the first full day of use..... Got hot........
After that I left the door on the stand open and its been fine.. I need a fan for under my stand. Very well built little light. I will say that my corallife 65 w got hot also.. I like the fact that the ballest is not in the light housing on the 65w unit. I think this will help the ballest last longer not getting very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom