Leaks and Smashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fry Baby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I’ve purchased a 117 gallon Evolution Aqua 1500s pro reef tank with a sump. It has no water in it as yet.

I’m in a rented property and I’m absolutely terrified of floods and leaks at any point of my hobby. It’d cause untold chaos to not only my home, but the cellar underneath that houses all the electrics of 7 properties in this building, plus the beauty business on the other take of the adjoining wall.

I’ve looked into things like industrial water-absorbing socks, sponges and pads but they’re not designed to hold 536 litres!

How do you guys protect your properties - and especially electrics - from water damage on a small or titanic scale?

I’m not seeking advice on insurance or suing the manufacturer as it’d be useless if I’m already murdered by my landlords.

Build a platform below with a drain that goes outside or somewhere better than the basement.

Thank you, although I don’t know whether you’re joking. I doubt my landlords would appreciate me getting the builders in! ��

Maybe I’ll just have the tank and electrics regularly checked and maintained!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom