let's lobby Discovery and Animal Planet!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I love these two channels, and I love the ocean as much as the next person, but they do shows on the ocean all the time---can we get them to do shows on freshwater bodies and the fish that live there?

You know, Lake Malawi, Lake Tanganyika, Amazon River---whitewater, blackwater, etc., and any other locale where freshwater aquarium fish live. I would love to see how my fishy friends' wild cousins live.

How 'bout it? Let's start a lobbying campaign shall we?

They have actually done a few good shows on FW...including some good ones on piranha, Lake Baikal, the Amazin river, etc....you just gotta watch for them.

While I wouldnt call it a great show there was one on the amazon and the fish and wildlife that live in it a few months ago. There was a nice discussion on that show on this site someplace.

I have to say with the ocean making up some 70% of the planet I can see how they would have more shows about it than freshwater waters.

a while back discovery did one on this crazy catfish thing and showed a whole bunch of awsome freshwater stuff including the only filmed event of the largest species of knifefish known to mankind . they started the search in brackish waters and traveld up this freshwater river and even went diving in a waterfall it was awsome i wish i had recorded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom