Moving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I’m moving out of my parents house soon (hooray, adulthood!) and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for moving a 75 gal & stand with multiple fish, snails, & various crabs?

I’m sorry to hear that you have to take on responsibilities.
But when it comes to moving, the answer is lots of 5 gallon buckets. Have something set up on the new location that you can put livestock into if you are using the old setup as well.

I’m sorry to hear that you have to take on responsibilities.
But when it comes to moving, the answer is lots of 5 gallon buckets. Have something set up on the new location that you can put livestock into if you are using the old setup as well.

Haha! I’m SUPER excited to pay bills!!
How many buckets should I have? I have 3 currently but I have live rock and sand and fish and everybody else. It’s a 75 gallon so it’s supperrrrr heavy. Should I try to take the sand and rock out when I’m moving it? (It’s a 30 minute drive to the new place)

My understanding is that a tank needs to be completely empty when moving it. So no rock or sand even. As mentioned, lots of buckets.

My understanding is that a tank needs to be completely empty when moving it. So no rock or sand even. As mentioned, lots of buckets.

Okay, thanks!! I figured I’d wash the whole thing out as well before I put it in my car, LOL!

Keep some of the gravel wet in the buckets so you don't lose BB. Do the same with your filters

Put all fish in 5g buckets during the move. Also, replace half your substrate. Put the other 50% in a 5g bucket. Do a 50% water change. Put the rest in bucket to make it easy to move.

Back
Top Bottom