Pet Sore in China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When I am out of town I...

• never visit the fish store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • look around in them just for enjyment

• look for good deals on things that are not alive

• am a constant vigilant, I carry a air pump with me and a bucket for anything that may come my way!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
My sister is currently in China for research, and took several pictures of a pet store there. Thught someone might be interested in the pics! http://homepage.mac.com/amandadriscoll/PhotoAlbum14.html and http://homepage.mac.com/amandadriscoll/PhotoAlbum13.html
there are other links, but the are just pictures to differents things she did in China. Look at the fish, and post back on what you think. I epescially like how they sold the plants (tupperware on the sidwalk). Enjoy!
Also, the poll is my curious wondering if anyone goes to out of town fish stores. I do, but just to see what interesting things they may have.

I bought one of those tiny turtles(in the USA)-14 years ago and he's still with me, although he's much bigger now!! Interesting photos.

I think that store brings a new meaning to the term "live" "stock". :roll:

But to answer your question, yes, I go to out of town fish stores whenever I travel - I'm always on the lookout for something new, healthier livestock (depending upon how out of town it is), and perhaps just making a new friend in a different place. When my fish get in trouble, I want to be able to get as many opinions as I can.

It also helps out others, if they're in the area, and can't find an appropriate LFS.

Worst case scenario, I see some pretty fish. :mrgreen:

When I see those pics, two things come to mind.... the cages/tanks/tubs were actually clean LOOKING... which is more the I can say for a few pet stores in my area... but geesh...overstocked!!!! How do they keep the water looking like that with THAT many fish. and I agree with RogerMcAllen, the mortality rate must be awful!!! I always drag hubby and kids in the pet stores You can see some really cool stores. but then again you can run across some that maybe the health dept. should be called.

OK, I actually looked at the links....both saddened and angry at the species of turtle and tortoise I saw (many are endangered or threatened), and the conditions in which they and the other reptiles are being kept. The worst part is, that looks like one of the 'better' shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom