Seriously?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does a buildup of anything happen when water changes dilute them? Also, conditioner is only typically added when new water is added, so it's not like a regular additive that builds up over time.

Flossie said:
idk how I feel about it because there are so many things humans consume these days that are not by any means healthy. I drink sweet in low in my tea....

I eat fast food....

People smoke and drink ( which is very harmful to health and not a necessity)

how many things say they cause cancer and we still consume or use them...

How many human medications have side effects but people still have to take them... you know?

Idk... it's kinda one of those things to think about....

as long as were alive there will always be downsides or negatives from food to meds...its all a gamble and what you perceive to be the best choice for you

so what does everyone think? Do we all use prime?? I'm gonna use it! LOL

jetajockey said:
How does a buildup of anything happen when water changes dilute them? Also, conditioner is only typically added when new water is added, so it's not like a regular additive that builds up over time.

good point and i find it hard to believe that its harmful many members have had tanks for years that are healthy

explain please? im only 14 so my knowledge of chemistry is limited to what i research on my own

Sorry, didn't mean to get too nerdy. Like, socially, when someone speaks about "chemicals in the water." It is meant there that something is present that shouldn't be there, such as heavy metals. "Species" is a general term for a particular chemical, like H2SO4 (sulfuric acid) is a species found in the atmosphere of Venus.

so what does everyone think? Do we all use prime?? I'm gonna use it! LOL
The first thing to do is question whether or not that article has any legitimacy to it. There is a lot of conjecture when it comes to fishkeeping. It could easily be someone that has an issue with seachem products as well and is attempting to turn people off of them. That's why it's important to see some sort of real scientific data cited that backs the claims being made.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Sorry, didn't mean to get too nerdy. Like, socially, when someone speaks about "chemicals in the water." It is meant there that something is present that shouldn't be there, such as heavy metals. "Species" is a general term for a particular chemical, like H2SO4 (sulfuric acid) is a species found in the atmosphere of Venus.

ah thanks and dont be sorry i enjoy learning about this stuff it adds another dimension to the fish keeping hobby

good point and i find it hard to believe that its harmful many members have had tanks for years that are healthy

Very true, but it did bring up the point of thinking about what we are exposing our pets to, something that many, including myself, don't look into. I think I might do some research into some fish stuff if I quit being lazy and sleeping until three in the afternoon....

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Very true, but it did bring up the point of thinking about what we are exposing our pets to, something that many, including myself, don't look into. I think I might do some research into some fish stuff if I quit being lazy and sleeping until three in the afternoon....

Let us know if u find anything :) I sleep late too... Lol

jetajockey said:
The first thing to do is question whether or not that article has any legitimacy to it. There is a lot of conjecture when it comes to fishkeeping. It could easily be someone that has an issue with seachem products as well and is attempting to turn people off of them. That's why it's important to see some sort of real scientific data cited that backs the claims being made.

True jet :) ... I've only heard good things about prime and that's mostly the conditioner that was targeted

iheartmyed9 said:
theres alot of chemicals that go into food production that we ingest everyday. Loads of chemicals......

That's what I was thinking :)

at the end of the day i think it comes down to do i feel comfortable using this and am i providing the best life for my fish

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
at the end of the day i think it comes down to do i feel comfortable using this and am i providing the best life for my fish

True :) to each his own I suppose ;)

Sounds like slander to me.

And yeah the whole build up of compounds thing doesn't make sense if you're doing regular water changes. Unless it builds up as a residue on the tanks surfaces. Idk I just skimmed to be honest. But doesn't seem to me to be any amount of evidence backing it up

I'm just using the Aqueon water conditioner... I feel kinda low class with all this Prime talk.

Back
Top Bottom