The joys of children... and fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's an electrocution waiting to happen.

Funny, but ?

Big Oscar, small tank, open top, too small lid, ... Eeek

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea not good There was another one I seen a while back where a midas pulls the cat in while it was walking on the rim. Just a random video I found while bored.

Don't despair, Mike! I shall forewarn you that kids and fish will continue to cause issues. Be practical and keep everything out of hands and arms (and stepstools/chair) reach and you will be fine!

My daughter dumped an entire newly opened bag of sinking fish pellets into a 20g when she was 2 (about a pounds worth) thanks to a stepstools and me turning my back for 2 seconds. They turned into a gluey mess and it took over 6 hours of cleaning and rinsing 20lbs of sand to remove it. Just one of many mishaps.... She's almost 6 now and can confidently perform any water test, figure out what chemicals need to be added for wcs and identify fry that need to be culled before I can. :)

This whole post is disturbing. I don't usually voice my opinions when I have nothing nice to say but this is awful. Your carefree attitude of "oh well there goes 3 free fish" is appalling and on top of it who lets their kids smash live animals to death :( you wouldn't be so carefree if they were kittens in that bag. I'm so over people not treating fish lives as equal to any other animal.

I guess that's just the vegan in me, but geesh. If you are going to own lives be responsible. Please. I'm not entirely sure why you would think to post this on such a fish advocate support group.

Sorry if I sound harsh but some people need a wake up call. I get that in this hobby mistakes are made and fish die or get sick, but to have them literally smashed for no reason is quite different.

Also it's a 3 year old. Kids do really dumb things, because their 3.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't despair, Mike! I shall forewarn you that kids and fish will continue to cause issues. Be practical and keep everything out of hands and arms (and stepstools/chair) reach and you will be fine!

My daughter dumped an entire newly opened bag of sinking fish pellets into a 20g when she was 2 (about a pounds worth) thanks to a stepstools and me turning my back for 2 seconds. They turned into a gluey mess and it took over 6 hours of cleaning and rinsing 20lbs of sand to remove it. Just one of many mishaps.... She's almost 6 now and can confidently perform any water test, figure out what chemicals need to be added for wcs and identify fry that need to be culled before I can. :)

You don't have to tell me. I raised 3 girls by my self and have 4 grand kids now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks like Kids and cats are almost an equal struggle when it comes to fish!!!
Only plus thing is kids grow up.. lol

Yep! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422583365.277234.jpg

At least he will be able to help when he is older!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422585604.917926.jpg

Here's mine lol she can't get enough of my fish. She hasn't attempted to stand on top of my tank though from what I've seen.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

My Dumb and Dumber know better... But the human, he's a sneaky rat in disguise!!

Attachments

• DSC00255.jpg
    DSC00255.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom