Which of the 2 Major Holidays Do You Celebrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Celebrate/Observe...

• Chanukah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christmas

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I celebrate Chanukah, as does the rest of my family. I am with my boyfriend and his family on Christmas Eve and Day. I wouldn't say I celebrate it....I am more of an observer/enjoyer of merriment! :x-mas:

I do christmas although Im more happy the second or third day after than the day of.

I celebrate christmas but i reckon if i was Jewish i would throw on a yamika and celebrate hanukah!

(Yeah FF is happier after that new skimmer santa brought on the 25th is broken in by the 27th) Hehe. Christmas here in my house. There is nothing like the chaos of cramming it all in one day! Somewhere between your nephew stealing your aunt's false teeth and pretending to love the sweater your distant cousin you haven't seen since last year bought you (man you gotta love paisley). There is Joy to be found in unity. I think I am most thankful on Christmas as opposed to Thanksgiving. It just touches a softer part of the heart. Merry Chistmas to all and Happy Chanukah as well. Either way it is a celebration of Family and Friends!

Well I'm not Jewish, so I don't celebrate Chanukah, although I do thoroughly enjoy Adam Sandler's Chanukah song ever year about this time. And as far as the
(Greed driven, Capitalism is God, Stampede the person in front of you for a $29 DVD player, I only go to church once a year and it's tonight, Mommy mommy give me that toy I want that one or I'll scream in the store, Get the heck out of my way I got a shopping cart and I'm not afraid to use it, Defensive driving is for everybody else, You have to spend at least a hundred dollars on every single person on your list or you don't love them)
joke of a holiday called Christmas...I say BAH HUMBUG!!!

Maybe it will be better when I have a kid.

more about Christmas...the (Yes Grandma I really love the underwear you got me, Oh is that an xtra-xtra-large you got me to tell me I'm gaining weight you (jerk) joker, YES! Christmas songs on the radio alllllllllllllll month, Oh it's OK sweety--I know your parents are divorced--so I don't mind spending Christmas between 4 houses, Filling out Christmas cards for people who could care less about you knowing that all you're doing is sending them really pretty tinder, What? You spent $400 on ornaments for a tree that's going up for a month?, What do I want for Christmas? How about no Christmas!) holiday that comes once a year.

sigh...yeah I know, I got issues :lol:

LOL Poor Shaw.

We celebrate both; do Chanukah with my family, then go to England to spend Xmas with the hubby's.

Unlike Shaw, I LOVE the holiday season! Buncha reasons:

I celebrate both holidays, so twice the presents ;) If I could include Kwanzaa and Dawali as well I would LOL

I work in a school; this year we have 2 weeks off from Xmas and New years; yay!

I lurve giving gifties, specially to the nieces n nephews. While I certainly don't limit pressies to B-days and holidays, its fun to have everyone together and oo and ahh over what everyone gets. I also like the search for the "right" gift, although I HATE shopping this time of year.

I've noticed (stores notwithstanding) folks generally ARE a bit nicer this time of year. Doors are held open, people will wave you into the line of cars, they'll let you get in front of them at the supermarket if you have 2 things and they have 50, I hear excuse me and thanx more often. And what comes around goes around; I try to do the same :)

Oh Scrooge-mutt. Is there any way to melt your heart with a little Holiday cheer?

I love Christmas, and am especially excited this year, because it is the first Christmas that my boyfriend and I are celebrating together. We are really looking forward to finding the perfect tree and decorating for our apartment, and I got the cutest ornament with both our names painted on it to surprise him with. I've found the perfect midnight mass for us to attend on Christmas eve, and we're having my family over on Christmas day for dinner. It all makes me feel all warm and mushy inside! I only wish I didn't have to work so that I would have more time to bake and decorate and wrap presents!

:mrgreen:

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty lights.
Pretty trees.
Presents.
Family
Love
What more could ya want.

Lighten up Shawmutt...geeze.. :lol:

We celebrate both; do Chanukah with my family, then go to England to spend Xmas with the hubby's.

If I got to spend Christmas in England I'd like it much better :lol: .

On the brighter side...it's snowing tonight and it's my kitty's first snow. She's so cute!!! She's trying to get out the window to play with it right now. :lol:

Eek! I just opened the door and it's snowing here too! My doggie refuses to go outside. Can't say I blame her!

An investigation by WKMG-Local 6 reveals Vanlester has filed 16 previous claims of injuries at Wal-Mart stores and other places she has shopped or worked, according to Wal-Mart, court files and state records.

Hm, either we are really clumsy and think its someone elses problem or we have a premeditated accident.

Anone know what the make is on that $29 dvd player? I purchased a $50 dvd player from walmart about a month ago and the darn thing did not work. So we returned it an got another one and it worked to play 1 dvd and then stoped working. We took it back and got our $ cause 2 out of 2 not working was not a good track record.

I love the holiday season. I go with my husband to NYC to see the tree & all the lights. Ice skate in Central Park and take in the joyous Christmas atmosphere.
We give gifts, but most are homemade. It's just a good time to hang out with family, firends, to think about our loved ones overseas and escape the daily grind.

Shaw- smile- it's only the holiday season, not the end of the world. We have at least another 2 months before that happens. :lol:

Read the article and draw your own conclusions

8O OMG! Now it's just foolish.

Anone know what the make is on that $29 dvd player? I purchased a $50 dvd player from walmart about a month ago and the darn thing did not work.
I personally wouldn't spend less than $100 on a DVD player unless it was used. My wife had a cheap one in her old dorm and it was a piece of crap. I tend to stay away from electronics that aren't from the bigger Japanese companies. Plus the web is a good source to find reviews on electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom