A few questions about drop checker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got my drop checker in from malaysia. When everything was said and done it took over a month, but it was cheap and it wasn't broken when it came lol. I just have a few questions.

Mine did not come with a color chart to indicate what colors mean what so I was wondering what color range will I see and what do the colors mean? I know my idea is around 30ppm.

My other question is about placement. Where should I put it in relation to the diffuser and filter. Right now I have my diffuser on the far back right. My filter is in the middle back. And my drop checker is placed at the front on the left. Sound good?

what color range will I see and what do the colors mean? I know my idea is around 30ppm.

Blue = too little CO2
Green = CO2 is 30ppm
Yellow = too much Co2

Recommend you don't use tank water in the drop checker though. It could provide a false reading. Best to make up a KH reference solution specifically for CO2 measument. Much more reliable. There's a sticky on the subject here

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ce-kh-solution-for-co2-measurement-88293.html

Thanks everyone.

So i'm kinda borderline as to adding a bit more co2 or not like maybe a 1 liters worth. Should I put it in line with the current bottle and have it come out of the same diffuser? It looks like its coming out pretty hardcore already.

And does anyone have a picture of "green" Mine looks more green than blue for sure but it looks like a dark green and I was just wondering what it looked like for you so I can make a better call on adding the co2.

Thanks everyone.

So i'm kinda borderline as to adding a bit more co2 or not like maybe a 1 liters worth. Should I put it in line with the current bottle and have it come out of the same diffuser? It looks like its coming out pretty hardcore already.

And does anyone have a picture of "green" Mine looks more green than blue for sure but it looks like a dark green and I was just wondering what it looked like for you so I can make a better call on adding the co2.

I assume that you are using DIY CO2.
I hook two bottles in tandem, each with 1/2 gallon of mix.
And I change one bottle each week. That way the CO2 output is somewhat consistant.
I also pipe the output to an empty jar and then through a check valve to prevent any misture from entering the tank.
BTW - Don't ever take the cap off of one bottle and leave it lower than the tank. I did and water siphoned a couple of gallons onto the floor.
Charles

BTW - Don't ever take the cap off of one bottle and leave it lower than the tank. I did and water siphoned a couple of gallons onto the floor.

Already done that before lol. I'll probably hook up a second liter when I get the chance. Thanks.

I don't know about you, BUT I felt like a dumb butt after that.
A SENIOR MOMENT!

Charles

Back
Top Bottom