Aeration ar night with pressurized co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 75 gallon I'm trying to run an airstone at night because my plants are consuming all the oxygen at night and by morning my fish are gasping for air. So my question is how long does it take my drop checker to show accurately. My airstone cuts off at noon and my co2 cuts on. The lights cut on at 2. My drop checker isn't showing green until 4. Is it possible that turning co2 on 2 hours before the lights come isn't enough.

Ok, you've got two separate questions here.

1) Airstone at night.

What you're describing is, to me at least, very bizarre. Plant's shouldn't be using up that much oxygen at night, especially considering the fact that fish are using up less at night as well. Do you not have much surface agitation?

2) Delayed drop checker.

It could very easily be taking 2-4 hours for a drop checker to completely change color, especially with certain diffusion methods. How are you diffusing CO2 and what's your bps?

Ok, you've got two separate questions here.

1) Airstone at night.

What you're describing is, to me at least, very bizarre. Plant's shouldn't be using up that much oxygen at night, especially considering the fact that fish are using up less at night as well. Do you not have much surface agitation?

2) Delayed drop checker.

It could very easily be taking 2-4 hours for a drop checker to completely change color, especially with certain diffusion methods. How are you diffusing CO2 and what's your bps?

I don't have any surface agitation during the day just aerator at night. I'm using an inline atomic diffuser at 3 bps.

Back
Top Bottom