Amazon Sword dark green

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boyen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I have an Amazon Sword (I think) where the leaves are turning dark green (see photo). I had to cut most of the leave after I got it due to slime from an added piece of driftwood. This was a month ago. Do you have any ideas as to why? NH3/NO2 are at zero and NO3 is at 5-10.

Lights are on 10 hours a day. The tank is 30g and the light is 2x18w.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Boyen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 74
This is actually a crypt of some sort. Looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about that one dark leaf. It'll be fine IMO> Time to time, crypts will shed some leaves every now and then, looks like they're dying but it's normal. Also, when first introduced, they will melt down and you'll think they're dead ordering but they bounce back soon. Crypts and swords get most of their nutrients that they need tons survive from the ground with their roots, so make sure you're using root tabs. Hope this helped :)

This is actually a crypt of some sort. Looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about that one dark leaf. It'll be fine IMO> Time to time, crypts will shed some leaves every now and then, looks like they're dying but it's normal. Also, when first introduced, they will melt down and you'll think they're dead ordering but they bounce back soon. Crypts and swords get most of their nutrients that they need tons survive from the ground with their roots, so make sure you're using root tabs. Hope this helped :)

Agreed, looks like a thriving crypt.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom