anachris in a 10gal do i need c02?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iains

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
currently i'm using a 10gal but i'm investing in a larger tank (29gal+) and i was wondering if i need c02 now and later or even at all. also what type of lights do i need for growing it i have different bulbs in but idk if i should just use the stock bulbs. do i need any ferts? i'm new to planted tanks, and just fish period.

If it's just Anachris that your growing then you won't need co2. As for lighting, it doesn't take much for Anachris really, but it looks much better with a bit more light to grow with.

That being said, you can put some high light and co2 on the tank if you really want to get it growing fast. With the rate mine grows under low light, i'd suggest investing in hedge trimmers under high light...

I wouldn't worry about CO2, but definitely do not use Flourish Excel as a CO2 alternative with anachris. Its one of the few plants that will melt when Excel is regularly added. (Vallisneria sp. is the other that's not tolerant of Excel, but to a lesser degree)

Back
Top Bottom