Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
It is the one dead center that looks like a big star. Older leaves are broader than new ones. 5 leaves per node, or so it seems. I know, not a bery good picture. Newest growth is very thick and very dense with lost of new leaves. The older stuff has some BBA but will be removing when and if it puts out aerial roots.

img_717871_0_8b4195faf71699757c57077b52c27b53.jpg

Don't know what it is but have found two possibilites:
Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan'
Pogestemon stellatus

Is either correct or is it something else?

Is it totally green? Any red/pink/purple at all, especially on the undersides of the leaves? I'm not super familiar with the two plants that you mentioned but they are certainly likely. Another guess is Limnophila aromatica, which I have, looks similar, the leaves get reddish purple underneath and then all over as they get closer to the light.

A couple of the older leaves have some red in them. The leaves are only 1.5 inches long and 1/4 inch wide if that helps. I am seeing some new growth down where all the leaves fell off and the tops are getting more and more new leaves.

How long do the leaves get for aromatica? The plant is still really new and just starting to get going so maybe it will be easier to identify in a week or two.

L aromatica's leaves aren't that long...here are some pics. It still might be one of the other plants you mentioned, though, but see if it looks at all like these:

P1010073.JPG

It could be, but the things I notice that are different, right now, are the stem is smaller, the leaves are not "spiny" and they are more rounded than that. It could just take time for this plant to grow enough to realy make it easier to identify. Who knows, it might be an emersed version and is changing over so it looks a little different. Will have to post new picks of it after a few days or a couple weeks depending on how fast it starts growing to see if we can identify it.

EDIT: Oops, wrong plant. Still don't know on the other one but one of the ones I couldn't identify before. Probably is Wisteria but will see. The roots wads are giving it away.

I think I need to trim the plant I am actually trying to identify and give the new growth a better chance to show it's true colors.

img_718519_0_d000521ec365a77ea3d3e54ea0d3135b.jpg

Here is a better picture of the plant, thanks to the wife, maybe it will help. I am still not convinced the one on the left is Wisteria but could be. The one on the right. NOT a CLUE!

Back
Top Bottom