Anyone use AQUARIUM LIGHT JEBO 192 POWER COMPACT W/ FANS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to buy a PC light, I am looking on ebay and it has this one, AQUARIUM LIGHT 36" JEBO 192 POWER COMPACT W/ FANS LEGS. Anyone is using it? Do the fans make noise? Thanks for your response!

I believe Jebo was rebranded as Odyssea to try and drop the negative buzz... Both brands are the same company, Jebo being the older models. These are the bargain-basement type lights, made in china, with every imaginable corner cut in production and quality. Some people have had good luck with them, but I think the best you can hope for is a feeling that you got what you paid for. Their sole distributor (beside resales on Ebay) is through http://www.aquatraders.com/

Here is my review of a newer model T5 hood from these folks:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=232&limit=recent

LBW and Hara on this board like theirs. My $.02 is to spend more for a Coralife hood if you are looking for something that you will be happy with in the longterm. If you need a short term solution, aren't too picky and don't have much money, then a Jebo might be ok...

I have both Odysseas and Coralifes. The pluses for both are they are equally as good for lighting by itself. But the Coralife has 1 more plus, the fans are in the top, keeping the fixture cooler, and they are silent. As for the Odyssea, the fans are at one end, and are very poorly designed, and noisy. But you can try to quiet it down if you are good with DIY. Both types are good fixtures, but the Coralifes have the upper hand by being very silent. I can't hear my Coralife at all.

Does the coralife has two switches, one switch for each bulb? The reason I ask this is: sometimes you don't want to turn on both bulbs and to save power; And, when one is bad, the other one can still work until you get the replacement for the bad one.

Mine has 3 cords (one cord has switch on the cord for the moonlights) and 2 switches on the fixture for the lights, one for each light.

I find the Coralifes one may don't have mounting legs, can it be safely put on glass top without over heating? Thanks.

I have the same 48" Odyssea as LWB and mine is still working after a year but the fans are loud.
The acrilic bulb cover doesn't fit correctly. It keeps falling out when I move it.

If I had it to do over.......I would go with coralife or usa current.
Those are both flawless fixtures.

I also have that unit. It has 3 cords......one for each set of lights (12000k and actinic) plus one for the moonlights. Looks pretty good on my cichlid tank, but I have to admit that we really don't use the actinics or the moonlights very much.

Back
Top Bottom