Api Co2 booster leary...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffadams

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I am fairly new to live plants being in the tank and I just had a few question about this ApI liquid Co2 booster and Api leaf zone. I have a 20 gallon tank with Led lighting. I just recently purchased three different plants that I got from petsmart. I have Cyperus helferi, Java Fern, and some anibias. Do I use this liquid C02 every day and the leaf zone. Is there a better product to make my plants flourish. I currently have gravel in there how well will they do in there?
:ermm:

The Co2 booster is basically liquid carbon, and should be used everyday. It dissipates from the water in around 12 hrs from application. The Leafzone is just Iron, and Potassium. It will help, but lacks many of the nutrients needed by your plants. You could use Flourish Comprehensive. It has more of the nutrients plants need to grow well. The amounts used will depend on your lighting capacity, and photoperiod. Also on how much carbon supplement you use each day.

Ok coo. Im gonna run out and get some later. What kind of lighting would you recommend for best plant growth or does it really depend?

The type of lighting you want will depend on the plants you want to grow.

For what you have now I would use the API Leaf Zone along with Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive.

The Java fern, and Anubias will do ok in the standard lighting that comes with most tank set ups. The Cyperus I can't say as I'm not familiar with that species. If you want to grow other plants, then as Rivercats posted your lighting would depend on your plant choice!!

Back
Top Bottom