Aqua Medic Membrane Diffuser vs. Reactor 1000 co2 reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which is better, the Aqua Medic Membrane Diffuser vs. Reactor 1000 co2 reactor? or should I just build a DIY?

Want to order CO2 system tonight just can't decide what to get from aquatic-store.com

I have the Reactor 1000, and it works well for me, but it's pretty new. Have never used the membrane diffuser. With the Reactor you have to buy a water pump, too. Makes it a little more complicated. Not sure if the membrane diffuser requires that.

Yes, you can almost certainly attach it to the outflow of the canister filter. What is the diameter of your tubing? I think 3/8" is best, but the 1/2" also works (that's what I have, and it's just a little loose.

Looked at the membrane diffusers, max 40 bubbles per minute in a high current area. I didn't like the sound of that, I use 60 bubble a minute on my 90 gallon. MAYBE the membrane type is efficient enough to make up the difference, but it sounds too limiting to me. If you need more than 40 bubbles a minute to get your CO2 levels where you want them, you cannot do it. I'd get a reactor if I were you, even a glass diffuser gives you more options as to bubble rate.

build your own reactor. it's really really really really east.

really, it is. it's a fun project too.

Ditto Burns except... after I got a leak and had to semi-start over and couldn't find the right size nylon CO2 nipple and had to pop for a brass one, at one point I was wishing I had just spent the $60. But the DIY looks pretty cool, if you don't mind messing with PVC and it works like a charm.

Zero to 30 ppm CO2 in no time at all! And I don't really care for champagne, but I do like seeing those bubbles in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom