Aquascaping tiny spaces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am aquascaping this 16oz jar just for the fun of it and was wondering what AA thinks would look good in there! The top is not very wide so its going to be hard to trim carpet plants so It would be nice to have recommendations on plants that don't have to be completely submerged. As for inhabitants I doubt anything can live comfortably in there except for maybe a small snail after the tank is fully established. I'm mainly just trying to create a planted work of art in a small space (all you planted people know what I'm talking about...it's like an art form!). I need some inspiration! I really like Takashi Amano's designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have seen a lot of tiny planted "tanks" on Instructables. I have kept extra plants in jars from half gallon to one gallon and they have done fine. As for plants, you might try some Bacopia, Repens, or for starters. Anarchis also does well without heat and it will grow to the top of the tank and then float. Most easy aquatic plants would do fine. For short plants try dwarf sagitaria, mini swords, java fern, or anubias nana petite.

Are you using natural light or some other type of light? You will need to do a water change at least once a week to keep the water in good shape. I have had ramshorn, Maylasian Trumpet snails, and pond snails do fine in anything from jars to buckets. They are very hardy.

I was thinking of making a small battery powered light but I will probably end up using natural light. I really really want my ten gallon tank full of red ramshorns (love their colors and want to breed them) but I can't find anyone who breeds and sells them. I want the real red ones though not the redish-brown ones. if i had some I would also but a few in the jar!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom