Benefit of overgrown tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batt4Christ

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's been a while since my last post- I've just been super busy. That being said- we had some excitement in our 29g tank lately.

That tank overgrows very easily, and is back in need of thinning. It is stocked with several varieties of plants and the following fish:

1 medium angelfish
5 Columbian Blue Tetras
3 Black Phantom tetras
5 pigmy gouramis (I think- hidden in the jungle)
2 Albino Bristlenose plecos (ansistrus). One is a long-finned.

A few days ago, just before bedtime, my youngest daughter came running into my bedroom (Daddy Daddy!!! Baby Fish!!!

Oops- bumped the send button on accident...

Anyway: I thought she was nuts, until we all went in the front room. Little bitty blue and red fish. After all was said and done- we counted 3!

They are really good at hiding in the jungle!

Thought that was really neat. Went to bed.

Next morning - same daughter comes and wakes us up "Daddy Daddy- Baby Plecostimous!". I really figured she was nuts... Until I saw the 1/2-3/4 inch baby pleco on the front glass! Sure enough, we have seen at least 4!

Pretty amazing! This is the first time I have had fish spawn and produce young where that was't the plan! Total surprise!

Attachments

• image-4176152220.jpg
    image-4176152220.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 184
  • image-2324073918.jpg
    image-2324073918.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 196
  • image-3204597832.jpg
    image-3204597832.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 185
Seems your jungle is the perfect enviornment for breeding and youngsters... pretty cool, congrats!

Nice planted tank.

I really hope I have a 125 gallon tank that looks that planted in 3-4 months.

Back
Top Bottom