Best ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you all think about for the best ferts? Im looking at dosing a 125gallon and a 10 gallon
Ive got LED s (100) on the 125 and run a florescent plant bulb in the 10 gallon.
125 dirted

Flourish line is good and easily available. EI dosing methods are a bit more confusing but good to. Depends on how much work ya wanna do

Although I think highly of Seachem, dosing a 125 and 10g would get costly over time. I'd suggest learning about dosing dry ferts. There's two popular methods, EI and PPS-Pro. I think PPS-Pro would suit you best... here's where to buy it:

PPS-Pro | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

Here's the instructions:
Our PPS-Pro Fertilizer Pack … Just Mix & Dose | Planted Aquarium Blog – Green Leaf Aquariums

Just order a digital gram scale and a bottle of Excel from Amazon and you're good to go. You'll need to add 5ml of Excel to every 250ml of the Micro fert solution to reduce the chance of mold.

Good luck.

Thanks, you think itll be more cost effective?

Heck yeah... dry ferts last a long time and will save you a lot of money. But if you're not ready for it, because it does take some work to mix it, then you can go with Seachem liquids.

I rounded off but to put it in perspective:

6 250ml bottles of Flourish comp ~ $30.00 for 1500 ml

The PPS pro pack would make 7500 ml for $30.00

Nothing wrong with buying the Seachem products, I did when I started. If you find yourself really getting into it, you'll probably end up buying dry fert's.

Back
Top Bottom