BL's 10g planted hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl414

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alrite so I've got this 10g hex just sitting around in my room and I've finally figured out what to do with it. I've never tried live plants before so heres my first shot.

Tank - 10 Gallon Hex
Substrate - dirt and gravel (something natural looking)
Filter - some old tetra one that came with the tank, I think this tank is at least 20 years old. (got it from my Dad)
Lights - not sure yet, any ideas? Its going to be by a window
Driftwood - maybe a piece of mopani
Rocks - a few flat rocks from the local river
Plant List - Anacharis, crypts, java fern, stargrass, water sprite (floated), and java moss
Fish List - not sure
Inverts - red cherry shrimp

Feel free to tag along on this adventure with me
All advice and opinions welcome :)

Inspired my dustinsfishtanks

Dustin has some nice tanks... they look even better in person. I got all my plants from him and... well... his basement is incredible. It's full of tanks. He convinced me to go with dirt in my 125. I'm liking it. Marconis also has dirt in his 10g, and is setting up a 55g. If you have any questions about setting it up, either of us will be glad to help. If you go find the build thread Marconis has, it has a really nice light that would be great for your tank and also look very cool.

i know, his videos and tanks are just incredible. I've looked at both of marconis' threads and asked fort which light he recommended to him and its out of stock. any other suggestions? the top of the tank is only like 12" wide

Back
Top Bottom