Cheap no frills regulator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm on the hunt for a regulator so I can get my feet (hands?) wet on the co2 side of things. It seems the regulator is by far the most expensive item. I'm very close fisted, and do not splurge to buy unnecessary things. Are there any cheap, no frills regulators out there? Even the basic Aquatek's are $80 :/

Jesse

One thing ive learned is to never go cheap on the regulator. I see it only has a 2 star rating on a amazon. Id just save up instead of buying a bunch of cheap ones when they break.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1^^^
I did not notice a solenoid on that model. You'll want to be able to control it with a timer for consistent CO2 output. Forgetting to turn it on would be not so bad but forgetting to turn it off could negatively affect the livestock.

Buy cheap... buy twice....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check out cO2 Art They have a 2 gauge regulator with soilonode for around $67. They also have free shipping. Found out about them over at planted tank.net. They have decent reviews. I am getting one this payday.

For anything involving cold liquid or gas, you don't want too cheaply made. The temperature difference said equipment handle can cause certain materials to get brittle, ie brass, tin, or unheat treated aluminium all warp more under temp stresses more than stainless steal.

A lot of people have luck with the standard one. Personally I would not recommend the paintball version. I had a ton of issues with it.

I have an Aquatek premium regulator and I use an adaptor to connect it to a 24 oz paintball tank. Been running it for 16 months. I like it. Only gripe is the touchiness of the fine adjustment knob. Other than that, it has been performing well.

Back
Top Bottom