Check out how much co2 I'm getting now (vid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Refilled DIY CO2 9/31/13 - YouTube

Update vid uploading now.

Here is the drop checker as of 5 min ago. I know it looks green but it's already gone from blue to dark green and is on it's way to yellow now.
img_2588900_0_b5eecba3afd81366ac7be99a7b89cb38.jpg

I think at that rate, looks like you'll gas out your fish.

I buy sugar boxes for a buck at the 99 cent store. For a 2 liter bottle, all you need is 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp yeast.. it's a slower steady burn...I think at your rate, you must zip through sugar/yeast fast, not to mention gassing your fauna.

Duration vs. Intensity is key to find a good balance. I like this article and recipe... fits the bill fine and I get about 2 weeks worth before I need to reload the generator.

http://www.aquatic-eden.com/2006/09/diy-co2-recipe-duration-vs-intensity.html?m=1

I see fermentations like that when I brew my 5 gallon batches of beer. The yeast starts out really strong like that but peters out after a couple days. I think you might be getting a bit too much co2 too fast to make that worthwhile.

20130731_184337.mp4 - YouTube

At the end of the video I said tablespoon but meant teaspoons.

As for how long the mixture will last, I expect it to be about 3 or 4 days. With my drop checker turning near yellow though I may back down to 1 teaspoon. It's what I had been using and it was lasting about a week.

Back
Top Bottom