Co2 bps starting point 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just made a Rex grigg reactor. It is 27 inches tall and 2 inches in diameter. It's the first co2 diffuser/reactor I've used that I get 0 bubbles or mist. The co2 is completely dissolved. My question is what is a good starting point for bps of co2. I understand its different for every tank was just looking for a rough estimate so I don't gas my fish and I don't low ball it either.

3 bps should be a low-ball estimate. That will give your fish a chance to adjust to the CO2 as well.

use a drop checker...when its lime green your good to go

At 4 bps my drop checker is line green but my fish were gasping at the surface so I had to turn it down a bit

how many plants do you have in the tank ? my drop checker is almost yellow and fish are fine . the plants oxygenate the water to supply oxygen to the fish thats why you get the pearling effects on plants when the tank is full of oxygen . try adding more plants to supply fish with oxygen .

how many plants do you have in the tank ? my drop checker is almost yellow and fish are fine . the plants oxygenate the water to supply oxygen to the fish thats why you get the pearling effects on plants when the tank is full of oxygen . try adding more plants to supply fish with oxygen .

My plants pearl like crazy for the last 4 hours of the day

image-2695971562.jpg

Here's a pic of the tank most of the plants are still small I have 9 amazon swords 1 tiger lotus some water sprite 10 java ferns some flame moss and 10 alt reineckii

yea ...Rex rig reactor is awesomeness

If only they didn't destroy the flow of the filter. Is I put all my biological filtration in the filter with the reactor attached would the longer linger time in the filter remove nitrite an ammonia better?

If only they didn't destroy the flow of the filter. Is I put all my biological filtration in the filter with the reactor attached would the longer linger time in the filter remove nitrite an ammonia better?

Probably not, but a canister should be able to provide enough biofiltration. You could always try a Cerges reactor, which I've heard reduces flow much less. The other option would be to run in on its own closed loop.

Probably not, but a canister should be able to provide enough biofiltration. You could always try a Cerges reactor, which I've heard reduces flow much less. The other option would be to run in on its own closed loop.

Closed loop sounds like a good idea since I have a few utility pumps lying around. I have 2 sunsun 302 canisters which put out 263 gph so I think I'm okay on filtration. I just don't like the idea of loosing so much flow from one of them I guess.

Closed loop sounds like a good idea since I have a few utility pumps lying around. I have 2 sunsun 302 canisters which put out 263 gph so I think I'm okay on filtration. I just don't like the idea of loosing so much flow from one of them I guess.

i was sceptical about those sunsun filters when i decided to buy one as a second cannister..... but man them things are beast !

i was sceptical about those sunsun filters when i decided to buy one as a second cannister..... but man them things are beast !

Yea I did have a magnum 350 that was 20 years old but after it quit on me(the barbs broke off and flooded my floor) I decided to try sunsuns and I'm impressed.

Back
Top Bottom