CO2 question for. 90gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been running CO2 with an external inline system through my fluval G6. My results have been astonishing....BUT, my output flow levels are lowered substantially.

I also run a fluval 406.

Last week my CO2 ran out and I couldn't replace for 5 days. The PH fluctuation didn't have the fish. I did a total blackout to avoid algae.

Upon replacing CO2, I switched it over to my 406, did full maintenance/cleaning on everything with w/c. I re calibrated my ph controller, replaced solution in my dbl drop checker... I may have been guilty of cleansing all beneficial bacteria from my filters, but I figure the substrate would contain enough.

My problem is that my tank water isn't the clearest and my plants are pearling as before. My Kh is 4, my controller is set between 6.8 & 6.6, drop checker is perfect green.

***my 4 t5ho may need replacement but plants were pearling before I ran out of co2. ***

My question:
If I'm going through a mini-cycle or bacterial bloom will that effect my ph/co2 and plants not pearling? Or is it my lighting in combo with above mention?

Please advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom