co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foster53

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know where I can buy a completely assembled co2 system(minus the tank)? I am looking for one large enough to accomodate a 125 gallon tank. No experience with these systems, so I need a plug, and play.:oops:

I would really like to know the same. I have been doing tons of research and it looks like its easier to do it in pieces. You can get almost everything you need from the same company just not in a bundle. Maybe check out aquatek of California. You cAn get regulators and diffusers there. Let me know if you decided on anything and I'll do the same.

just read on another forum, that the Milwaukee regulators are prone to failing at around a year. When they fail they dump a load of co2 into the tank. Anyone know about this?

I've read that too. And that they can fail in a year or so. Interested in others experience with them myself

I have been using aquatic life regulator for 2 year no tank dump is hook up to a ph controller

I own a Milwaukee and its never acted up on me like that. You can have what's called "end of tank dump", but thats a problem with all single stage regulators.

I had recently purchased the Aquatek regulator and it too comes with everything. I went on ahead and got the brass and plastic bubble counter though, feels more solid that the all plastic piece. Love it so far! I pieced my system out for my 125, went through Amazon, found some items little cheaper there.

Yeah I've been thinking of going the Aquatek route myself(if I do co2). I think I would feel better getting the pH controller as well.

Did that too. I felt comfortable going that route as well; plus gives accurate reading vs testing all the time.

What's your budget? If you're on a budget and want quality, I'd go Aquatek too! I have two of their mini regulators and love them. I noticed that Aquatek sells in both their Amazon and Ebay stores, but last time i checked, through their Ebay store they sell a bit cheaper and offer some freebies like co2 tubing.

If you have more money allocated in your budget, consider GLA systems.. Especially their atomic line. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about atomic co2 diffusion lately.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-systems.html

Speaking of which, what were you thinking of as a diffusion method? Being that you have a larger tank, getting co2 to all parts of your tank could offer an added concern. If you're using a canister filter, those inline atomic diffusers seem cool because co2 is injected in the outflow current and dispersed throughout more efficiently.

I personally wouldn't commend the GLA regulators. Yes, they are for sure some of the best regulators your can buy, but you experience such ridiculous diminishing returns with your money at that point that its almost not worth it.

I was wondering if the $$ was worth it. Are you better off saving up for $300-400 system and less likely to have it break. Or will the $100 models last 3-4 years. Keep reading the co2 will wear out over time.

I personally wouldn't commend the GLA regulators. Yes, they are for sure some of the best regulators your can buy, but you experience such ridiculous diminishing returns with your money at that point that its almost not worth it.

I'm just curious as to why you feel that way? I've never owned one because I'm one of those hobbyist that fall in the "I'm on a budget"category so Aquatek is my choice. But once I graduate from college and (hopefully) land a decent career, I think the GLA atomic line sounds like a premium piece of equipment that's built to last. In theory and from what i read and seen in YouTube vids, the finer mist of co2 bubbles coupled with an inline atomic diffuser (or alternative atomic diffusion method) would facilitate a more efficient (>90%) co2 diffusion, thus reducing co2 waste. In other words, better diffusion means less BPS and therefore means less trips to refill co2. Also if the regulator is a solid piece of equipment, it should last longer and might be worth the extra up-front cost. I could be totally off, but that's what i have floating in my head...LOL

Here's a review thread:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178284

And the atomic co2 in action.. I think its best that no bubbles are visible misting out. That means its almost all diffused in the water.

Back
Top Bottom