Collectoritis Begins Anew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, the iwagumi has been ditched! Hahaha. Anyways shifting the 20long to a jungle/dutch tank. This should be really interesting!.

Here's the plant list:
Limnophila sp. wavy
Rotala gia lai
Hygrophila tiger
Polygonum porto velho
Pogostemon erectus
Murdannia sp. red
Pogostemon stellatus 'narrow leaf'
Limnophila aromatica - 5 stems
Limnophila sulawesi - 5 stems
Staurogyne porto velho - 5 stems
Hydrocotyle verticillata 'japan'
Ludwigia verticillata cuba - 3 stems
Staurogyne bihar - 4 stems
Rotala mexicana 'Goia'
Ranunculus inundatus
Lysimachia nummularia v aurea
Blyxa Japonica
Anubias barteri 'nana'
Taxiphyllum barbireri
Glossostigma Elantoides

A lot of these are HUGE in my tank. So I'm not sure what to do with them. For now this tank is going to go into farm mode. To all those I promised glosso, I'm not going to be able to follow through on that. I reconverted it to emersed to save it from the algae that was plaguing it. So it's not very plantable right now as the emersed form has TINY leaves (~5mm large) and the whole root system is in between rotting and strong emersed/terrestrial growth. It's not something I'd be satisfied shipping out.

For those I promised blyxa. I'll get it to you asap. Shipping out tuesday probably. I have to go to the doctor's monday for the followup in my TB test for lab clearance.

Anyone else wanting blyxa can go ahead and request some. Special AA deal: just pay for shipping, you can throw in extra if you want but it's not necessary. I'll only sell to those with high light, co2/excel dosed tanks though. No sense in wasting blyxa.

Tank all planted! Looks wretched right now and I have a crud ton more blyxa than I thought. Pictures soon.

dsc02039y.jpg

Here yah go....I'll label the plants later.
1. Anubias nana
2. Hydrocotyle vert. 'japan'
3. Ranunculus inundatus.
4. S. repens (porto velho)
5. Blyxa japonica
6. Rotala gia lai
7. Murdania 'red'
8.Hygro Tiger
9. Limno sulawesi
10. Pogostemon stellatus
11. L. 'cuba'
12. Limno 'wavy'
13. Pogostemon erectus
14. Limno aromatica
15. Staurogyne 'bihar'
16. Polygonum porto velho
17.Rotala 'goias'
18. Lysimachia nummularia v 'aurea'

darkedfads.png

Give it a month or so and It'll be a beauty! I promise! Grow baby grow.

Just a quick update! Lots of growth going on right now!

But did a water test:
180ppm nitrates hahaha. Just a quick lesson folks, whatever you dose needs a test kit. I had stopped testing nitrates on a bi weekly bases for a month and then I just kept adding NO3 to help my glosso turn around and bam it's off the charts. I just did a 60% WC so it should be down to exactly 90 now so tomorrow it'll be another water change and so forth.

Quick feeding vid.

Looks great so far! Several plants there I never heard of. Can't wait to see it grown out a bit.

Very nice Crepe. Great pictures too!

I love that pogostemon erectus. It grows like mad, and it is easy to get bushy growth out of it as well with trimming.

I am pretty happy that one little start of glosso in my 5 gal tank has become so prolific :)

Thanks for all the comments guys: Here's a quick vid before I trim tomorrow.
YouTube - Cheapo Atomic Diffuser

You can really see the difference in growth in two weeks lol....Anyways a trim is happening tomorrow and I have a rescape planned for the end of june as by then I'll have lots more plant mass.

Anyways, so as an actual update as to my goings on I have ordered a pound of barr's gh booster and ferrous gluconate. I'm going to start dosing EI again...but this time with liquid EI doses.

I've developed a neat trick for doing this with ease and I'll let you all in on the math and stuff when I get my powders. Until then...stay in suspense. But here's a hint: spray bottles.

Also on the same note...I'm suffering from some uber Mg and Ca deficiencies...really need to tone down the lighting this week until I get my barr booster and iron...

pH- 6.4-6.6
kH 4-5 (setting me at 30-60 ppm co2)
gH 1-2 (really horrible, going to harness some RO waste water and use it for mg and ca until I get my chemicals)

Species list has been reduced:

Sent away pogostemon stellatus, polygonum porto velho, staurogyne bihar, murdannia.

Waiting on some purple bamboo later this week for some accents. Still have too much limno sulawesi, gonna get another big stand going again until I sell it all off. I think it's just the right size plant from one of mdf's tanks. It also grows about 2" a week.

You must be a member of the Houston Plant club to get all those plants, because 90% of them are not available from any commercial source in the USA. Some neat looking plants. Some of them are simular looking to more commonly available plants.

You must be a member of the Houston Plant club to get all those plants, because 90% of them are not available from any commercial source in the USA. Some neat looking plants. Some of them are simular looking to more commonly available plants.

Just an active member of TPT and APC here. I get all my plants online.

Back
Top Bottom