Dwarf water lettuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got no response in another section so I thought I'd try it here. Recently my Dwl has accelerated extremely noticeably in growth and is changing in color (pink, purple). The roots are melting off and the new ones are reaching much deeper into the tank. Jaw what changed? I haven't changed a thing in months.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421724188.120073.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Got no response in another section so I thought I'd try it here. Recently my Dwl has accelerated extremely noticeably in growth and is changing in color (pink, purple). The roots are melting off and the new ones are reaching much deeper into the tank. Jaw what changed? I haven't changed a thing in months.View attachment 261636

Its really anyones guess. Maybe they are acclimating to your tank as DWL is usually fairly sensitive indoors and has a different growth form than outdoors.

That's weird, I was mostly curious about the purple color. It's been in my tank for a little over a year and has always just been green. It also seems to only be leaves that aren't touching the water.

That's weird, I was mostly curious about the purple color. It's been in my tank for a little over a year and has always just been green. It also seems to only be leaves that aren't touching the water.

Hmm, maybe the fact that the plants are so close to the light is causing them to gain a red pigment. Plants create red/ purple pigment to protect themselves from intense light when Iron is available. Either way it is just a perk of your plants doing well and I wouldn't worry about it. (y)

That makes sense other plants push red when it's real sunny or hot outside. Thank you for the info!

Back
Top Bottom