Echinodorus ozelot care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matty2085

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey

I'm thinking of getting a Echinodorus ozelot but am pretty inexperienced with this plant. I don't want it to grow too huge. I was wondering whether it has to be fed fertiliser via the substrate. Will it still grow with out extra food?

It is a Sword which are root feeders so yes, you will need to give it root tabs. It may grow okay for a while but will eventually need supplimental feeding. When I've had them they got around 18-20 inches tall.

I was just wondering if you add more plants can you get more fish in the tank.

No it doesn't work that way, plants will help keep nutrient levels such as phosphate and nitrate lower. It doesn't mean you can add more fish.

Ok great thanks. I looking for plants that feed from the water column really. They need to be easy to care for as I'm not terribly green fingered.

Easy plants would be water sprite, wisteria, and anacharis for fast growing, meaning they will absorb more nutrients out of the water column over plants such as java fern and anubia which are slow growing which means they only draw a tiny bit of nutrients from the water.

Back
Top Bottom