Ferts and Green Leaf Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GLA is a safe place to order from... but I'm not sure if their pack includes separate ferts, or if they're all combined. I know the pack at aquariumfertilizer.com is combined, and you can't adjust it as needed.

I bought from them. Bought their fert package and atomic co2 diffuser. I am completely, 100% pleased with both. I plan on getting their dpta iron soon.

Orlando, the guy that works there, is extremely responsive to email. If it takes an hour for him to get back to you, its a slow day.

A+

mfdrookie516 said:
GLA is a safe place to order from... but I'm not sure if their pack includes separate ferts, or if they're all combined. I know the pack at aquariumfertilizer.com is combined, and you can't adjust it as needed.

They have a package with KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, and micros for $20. You can also buy each individually. They also have gh booster and other stuff if you need it.

ok. Can yall advise on dosing or if the package i the link is all I need?

But, are they separate? The kit at aquariumfertilizer.com is all combined in to one package, which means it's mixed equally... there is no adding more of this or that for specific deficiencies. That was what I was curious about. Not to mention, it's cheaper to order them separately on there than to order the package (on aquariumfertilizer.com). The whole combining thing makes no sense to me.

They come in 4 separate bags. I moved mine into tupperware containers (for screw on lids. You want it to be waterproof and fairly airtight).

Honestly the individual ferts are not that expensive, you'd only need a 1/2lb of each to be set for a while, just get 2-3x as much of the micromix.

I've heard nothing but good things about GLA.

jetajockey said:
Honestly the individual ferts are not that expensive, you'd only need a 1/2lb of each to be set for a while, just get 2-3x as much of the micromix.

And the nitrate. You should be dosing about 4x as much of that as the others.

I suppose that depends on the bioload. I always found myself having to dose twice as much K than N, but I had some fast growers and a decent bioload.

ok will that package plus iron be good? I am not a chemistry major so kfg543 means nothing to me lol

Yeah the kno3 just depends on the stock, but generally planted tanks don't have big nitrate makers in them. I think I paid like 2 dollars or 2.50 per lb for kno3 as well as k2so4 mgso4 etc. Nearly everything apart from the micromix can be gotten locally as well (costs more in time and trouble though) if you look hard enough.

ok thanks yall. If I tell you what my plants are doing can you tell me how to make them healthier?

GodFan said:
ok will that package plus iron be good? I am not a chemistry major so kfg543 means nothing to me lol

The micros includes EDTA iron. The extra iron is nice if you need it, and is also dpta chelated. Which is better depends on pH, but is a relatively nuanced point.

I am a chemist, so I tend to talk in chemist code sometimes >.<

Back
Top Bottom