Fluval 20 co2 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themox

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone used it, and with success? Any reviews from forum folk (as opposed to websites trying to push them)?

I'd be interested in looking at it for my 8gallon planted tank.

How long does one co2 canister last?

Thanks!

themox said:
Has anyone used it, and with success? Any reviews from forum folk (as opposed to websites trying to push them)?

I'd be interested in looking at it for my 8gallon planted tank.

How long does one co2 canister last?

Thanks!

I think it works, my club members don't like having to buy prefilled canisters. They mostly have Paintball set ups or nice full on rigs.

I'll be following to see what responses you get :)

Hey Mox, here's the deal with those things.
Fluval uses a non-standard thread on those disposable cylinders. That means you have to buy the refills at their outrageous price. It is possible to find adaptors to a standard paintball cylinder thread but be ready to do a lot of searching, best bet to find them would be a brewing shop. You will save a bunch of cash if you spend a little more upfront for a paintball or full blown 2.5-5 pound system as the price of getting a cylinder refilled is very small (cost me about twelve bucks to fill my 5 pound cylinders).

I have the fluval 20 co2, it came with my fluval flora. I must say it is not a good as I was hoping. It won't even change the color of my drop checker. I wouldn't have bought this if it hadn't come with my tank. If anything buy the fluval 80 co2. Or a paintball style set up. IME of course.

I use it and wouldn't recommend it. A cartridge lasts about a month. IMO it is a rip off. The refills are expensive, and it is not very high quality. The diffuser is not very good either.

ah no worries, thanks guys for your responses.

where would I begin to look for getting a paint ball style set up going? I haven't started looking yet; I'll check here and good old google to start for information and to get my head around it, but any other sites/places you might know of?

I live in Sydney, Australia too.

thanks!

Paintball sites! ;)
The best and probably easiest paintball setup you can do is a big tank with a Milwaukee regulator. They usually cost $100.

Back
Top Bottom