Freshwater Plant Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pelagikos14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I'm completely new here and what brought me here is the fact that I am setting up a new low-tech tank. I have 2 plants that I believe were mislabeled when purchased and throughout my research overnight, I cannot seem to pin them down. :confused:
I will attach photos and if I can give any more information I will be glad to do so.
They are the three small plants (labeled 'cryptocoryne parva') in second pic & green bushy plant (which was labeled 'pygmy chain sword')in first photo.

Thank you all in advance! :flowers:

Attachments

• 20190914_085921.jpg
    20190914_085921.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190914_085927.jpg
    20190914_085927.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 44
Hello everyone,

I'm completely new here and what brought me here is the fact that I am setting up a new low-tech tank. I have 2 plants that I believe were mislabeled when purchased and throughout my research overnight, I cannot seem to pin them down. :confused:
I will attach photos and if I can give any more information I will be glad to do so.
They are the three small plants (labeled 'cryptocoryne parva') in second pic & green bushy plant (which was labeled 'pygmy chain sword')in first photo.

Thank you all in advance! :flowers:

Wondering if the first pic (which are sideways for no apparent reason) is in fact "Micro Sword Grass - Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae"??

I mean to my (inexpert) eye it doesn’t look like they were mislabeled. Is the ‘bushy’ one only bushy because it’s a lot of plantlets tangled together? It’s a little hard to tell but the leaf shape looks right.

Were they bought in those tissue culture tubes, by chance?

The top one is a lilaeopsis for sure. Not sure which. The crypt could be emersed parva which needs to transition to submerged leaves which often look different. Give it time then see.

Back
Top Bottom