General plant question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay I am starting this thread for everyone's general plant questions.
Here is mine...Okay say you been cycled for months (7.4,0,0,5.0 as constant readings) and decided to add plants such as wisteria, water sprite, and 1 daughter amazon sword. Your subtrate has organic soil capped with pfs. Pwc shedule is 40-60% weekly. No ferts dosed. There is dw, a bubble disc, temp 72-74 Fahrenheit, 2 marineland penguin bio-wheel filters, and a diy bottle filter.

Okay my question is: why would my readings be the same except for my nitrates? They have been 0 since about 1-2 weeks after placing plants in.

I'd say the water sprite&wisteria are mopping them up...most often with planted tank your nitrates will suffer, most members I believe try to keep em in 10-15ppm range by dosing them up...

I think that you would be ok until your dry ferts come in as long as your plants are looking healthy...if not then Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen would help you by until you establish your dry fert dosing regimen...be sure to monitor the doses so that there's no chance of affecting any live aquaria in your tank..

I think that you would be ok until your dry ferts come in as long as your plants are looking healthy...if not then Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen would help you by until you establish your dry fert dosing regimen...be sure to monitor the doses so that there's no chance of affecting any live aquaria in your tank..

Okay, I will see if one of my lfs has that....ty

Back
Top Bottom