Glossostigma Elatnoides?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, people wonder if anyone has any ideas on why my glossi has gone pete tong?

I currently am running a 260 litre aquarium, with a a root base fertiliser, heated by a 100w heater cable. Jbl co2 set 3 running at approx 2 bubbles/sec. I have arround 2.6 w of light per gallon and its not shadowed by other plants.

The plant started great and spread like crazy,covring the whole foreground, and then suddenly its just started going thin and weak looking over the last 3 weeks. I do use plant feeds and also use a 24 hour replacement plant feed for certain magnesium deficiencies i had in my Barclaya Longlifolia.

puzzled!, anyone got a suggestions?

It sounds as if there's some sort of fert deficiency. I'm not familiar with the "plant feeds" you mentioned, can you give some more details of what you're using?

To be honest, i dont reallly know exactly what nutrients its contains. Its obviously an iron base formula, but not sure exaclty its made by Jbl. I using red sea flora grow, and red sea 24 hour feed, but don't know exactly.

I think my bulbs are due to be changed, had them around 6 months. Do you think this could be the reason. I think i should mention that the glossi and other plants have been flourishing for about a year, but some reason the glossi just went down hill. The glossi hasn't any obvious symtoms of defiency on it??????

I agree, could be the bulbs. I've had plants grow beautifully for a long time and then all of a sudden, they go downhill. I replace the bulbs and they go back to growing great. :D

If you have been using the same fertilizers all this time and it was growing great....then I would say the bulbs could be the issue.

im using 4 x 54 watt t5 bulbs, with 2 of the bulbs coming on for approx 8 hours and then the other 2 stronger bulbs on for approx 5 hours during the middle of the light cycle. Ive just bought all new bulbs so fingers crossed......

thanks for all suggestions ill keep you all posted

Back
Top Bottom