Hc help/carpet journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I've recently done an aquarium rescape and having growing problems.

I put in new aqua soil and am injecting co2

I use pps pro everyday

Ph of 6.

Just measured gh. It is sitting between 60-80

0 amonia
0 nitrite.

I do weekly water changes of around 35-40 percent.

Now if you look at my scape I had lots of hc and now they kinda fell out. Not sure if my rams are pulling them out or they are just coming out on their own. Some seem like they have withered away. But since I've put my gh booster In they remaining hc looks to be staying in the substrate a little bit better.

What do you guys think? What should I do to help it ? Feel free to ask question. And also enjoy the journal.

Attachments

• image-3637439918.jpg
    image-3637439918.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1566904140.jpg
    image-1566904140.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image-1187076853.jpg
    image-1187076853.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image-1677106573.jpg
    image-1677106573.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 150
Ahh the woes of HC. Same thing happened to me man. The best method appears to be the emmer see method. This allows the HC to root in the substrate and spread quicker. People have been successful planting it submersed but I have corries etc. so they pull everything that's not rooted right up. GL

Ahh the woes of HC. Same thing happened to me man. The best method appears to be the emmer see method. This allows the HC to root in the substrate and spread quicker. People have been successful planting it submersed but I have corries etc. so they pull everything that's not rooted right up. GL

Want to educate me on this emmer see method? Couldn't find anything on google.

I'm having a similar problem. I would try the the dry start method.

I'd love to but I really don't want to get rid of my fish.

I just like cant dry start it ATM. It's a very established tank.

Ya unfortunately those options require me to get rid of my fishes. I really don't want to do that. I'd almost rather go do hair grass instead.

Yeah I hear ya, I gave up after trying three times. It's a beautiful plant but not worth it if you don't dry start. Right now I'm working on dwarf chain swords and just got some repens. It's a new plant on aquariumplants, looks nice and propagates low.

Oh jeez looked them up. They would look awesome behind my log.

Okay so update for ya. My ph is 6.6 with no co2 and kh of 2

New update.

So I got all my parameters in check now, got rid of my gbr :(

But my hc seems to be doing very well now after several replanting.

Also I have been battling some algae.

Anyways here is a pic.

Attachments

• image-4250430236.jpg
    image-4250430236.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 126
Love it. Whatever your doing..keep it up. Im sorta new to plants and i had to replant my dwarf penny wort daily. Good luck and looks amazing!

Why did you get rid of the GBR? And if you still have trouble with HC check out star repens. It's beautiful and is adjusting very well to my tank. Here's a pic, it's the littl green patches in the front

Attachments

• image-508783320.jpg
    image-508783320.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 113
Why did you get rid of the GBR? And if you still have trouble with HC check out star repens. It's beautiful and is adjusting very well to my tank. Here's a pic, it's the littl green patches in the front

@angel thanks alot!! If you need any help growing plants you should message rivercats. She is probably the best planted help I've ever gotten.

@bsshenanagins my gbr kept pulling them out so I was making 0 progress. But it's working out now. And I definitely check out that plant if this doesn't work out. Looks very cool.

@angel thanks alot!! If you need any help growing plants you should message rivercats. She is probably the best planted help I've ever gotten.

@bsshenanagins my gbr kept pulling them out so I was making 0 progress. But it's working out now. And I definitely check out that plant if this doesn't work out. Looks very cool.

+1 for Rivercats she's the best

Doin a little update here. Kinda gave up on the hc and am transitioning over to hair grass. Got some exel to take care of the algae, the ol natural thing wasn't working out. The original idea for my tank is kinda starting to come together here.

Attachments

• image-2184948535.jpg
    image-2184948535.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 117
Long time no update! So here ya go.

Lots more plants. Hc is taking its sweet time but it's getting there.

Attachments

• image-2324547653.jpg
    image-2324547653.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2102677371.jpg
    image-2102677371.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-656683016.jpg
    image-656683016.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom