Help with white growth on substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Normalnot1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My newish 5 gallon planted tank with a mixture of black sand and some kind of planted tank substrate that I can't recall the name of is growing a crazy white web of some slimy stuff! (The substrate bag is somewhere in my supplies room that has also become a storage room for my pregnant daughter's stuff)
The fish all seem fine, guppies, even some new fry!
Here are some photos. Can anyone help? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429942636.194515.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429942671.758659.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429942704.525281.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429942730.225938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In reading another post, I'm fairly certain it is Eco-complete substrate. Thanks in advance for the help.
Oh! I should mention it seems to grow when the lights are off, and go away soon after the lights are turned on. I have LED's, but it's a low-light sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It must be some sort of algae... I would just siphon it out of the tank and see if the growth slows down at al

Back
Top Bottom