Home made CO2??? Have you heard of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john7110

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am using a home made CO2 system using a 2 litre bottle, tubing, sugar and yeast. seems to be working ok if I keep it heated. Anyone ever heard of this???? Pros?- Cons? Thanks for any info.

It is a very economical way to inject CO2. Thousands of members here use DIY CO2 reactors. You an do a search here on the forums to read more about it.

What size tank is your DIY co2 for? Depending on the size of your tank, you might only be injecting enough to increase algae in your tank.

I have a new 55 gal. setup. everything seems to be doing good. No fert. yet. I have been told ,Jobe house plant spikes work fine. I am trying to find info on this too before I try it.

Using DIY CO2 in a 55gal tank probably isn't going to be very effective...

Probably more like 3 or 4. It just isn't practical for a tank that size IMO. Low, unstable injection is worse than no injection at all ime.

That's what folks here call "DIY" CO2. I've been using two bottles on my 29g for a while. What I found was that using gallon size juice bottles lasted longer, and running two bottles staggered in fill.

Back
Top Bottom