How long should i run my CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now my CO2 is run buy a pinpoint pH controller at about 7.0 and only turns on 1 or 2 times a day. I have low light right now but I'm getting a new one and seachem flourish once a week. Lights are on 8 hours a day is this ok

Sure. Planted tanks tend to strive for 30 ppm of CO2. Depending on your current water conditions, you could drop your pH to 6.6 (+/-). Your controller will turn things on/off as needed, just keep the probe clean and you should be good to go.?

I would say it's probably not putting enough co2 into your tank. kH is the other side of this equation and without knowing that just going by pH for your co2 is most likely short changing your co2.

The best option is to get a drop checker for your tank. Then your co2 concentration can be actively monitored.

Tells you the concentration of Co2 in the water column as a result of a chemical reaction in the orb. You can get them cheap on eBay.

Ok just set my pH between 6.8-7.0 let's see what happens

Back
Top Bottom