How much Surface Agitation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alkane

Aquarium Advice Freak
US2Kag4J6WU
US2Kag4J6WU
US2Kag4J6WU

The fish are good to go, I'm trying to get better co2 levels with DIY.

well, if you want good levels with DIY, it all depends on where your exit source(for the DIY Co2) is......if your flow is on the opposite end, its okay, but still don't do that much.....if on the same ends/area of the tank, i'd say low as possible

good luck;)

can I stuff the outflows with poly fiber?

yeah, or just get filter floss, marineland has some nice ones....a $6 pack will last around a few months, its like 6sqft

Ok I'll do that. It won't cause any algae problems being wet and 4 inches from my lights?

I just have ripples on the surface in a six foot rainbow tank with pressurized co2 and I have had no problems its been set up for about 8 months now so I think that should work

I just have ripples on the surface in a six foot rainbow tank with pressurized co2 and I have had no problems its been set up for about 8 months now so I think that should work

Cool thanks! So basically I want as much surface agitation as possible as long as I can get adequate co2 levels? (apart from fish current preferences)

Cool thanks! So basically I want as much surface agitation as possible as long as I can get adequate co2 levels? (apart from fish current preferences)

Well, there are 2 questions

IF you WANT BETTER diffusion of Co2(meaning it gets into the water much better, and has better overall effects)

than LESS flow

if you want opposite, any flow would work, its not like its going to be super major.......but i'd say the difference would be minor, maybe like a color shade

say you diffuse better, plants are neon green

if you have more flow, than they might be a little color change, idk, maybe bright green instead?

Back
Top Bottom