Hydor CO2 NATURAL NRG natural

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a packaged DIY kit to me, not sure on the efficiency of the reactor (and I doubt it's better then a bell reactor or other powered rector).

The reactor looks like it would be fine for a mist setup. It's just one of there air bubble generators hooked up to a CO2 line.

What I am worried about is the CO2 tank hook up. I can't seem to find what type of bottle, besides the NRG ones, that you can hook up to it. The NRG bottles would only last me 5 to 10 days on my 75 gallon tank.

Look at the graph for usage. That graph is based on 10 PPM CO2.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
rkilling, are you looking at the natural or one of the pressurized setups?

:oops:

You got me. I was looking at the CO2 ADVANCED setup.

I guess there is a little difference between the two. 8O
(I just assumed we were talking pressurized. I didn't even read the part about the natural system)

Thanks.

from what the lfs tells me for the pressurized you can use paint ball canisters when the original cart runs out. I am looking at the natural that uses a reaction chamber similar to the Hagen, I'm just not sure if either of them are worth it?

I no longer feel that any of the commercial yeast packages are worth it. It's so much less expensive and just as efficient to build DIY CO2 instead.

I gotta agree with Purrbox. The only useful piece of any commercial "DIY CO2" setup is the diffuser and the CO2 grade airline.
the Hagen canister is too small, and the yeast packets themselves seem to work 60% of the time...the other 40% they're already dead when you open it.

the pressurized Hydor thing sounds like it's mainly setup for European style CO2 connections and CO2 bulbs you'd use in a BB or airsoft gun...pricey to keep up with unless your tank is 5gallons.

probably not a very sweet deal.

Back
Top Bottom