ID this waterfall Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zemerys

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Can you guys recognize what plant is this?

I found it stuck on the rocks in a waterfalls here in aklan, philippines. The waterfalls connects to a cold spring so the water is verrry verryy cold. And there isnt much sunlight around cz of the trees.

I was wondering if i can make it a carpet and how to take care of it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451431889.809573.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451431942.529437.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451431980.280684.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like anubias IMO. Does it have a thick rhizome at the bottom? You can plant anubias anywhere, as long as the rhizome isn't underground. People like to tie it to rocks, driftwood, you name it. Grows just fine in low tech setups and does even better in high tech setups.

Wow lucky you! The plants look really healthy and interesting!

I thought Anubis were African.... Sorry can't help on ID.

Looks like anubias IMO. Does it have a thick rhizome at the bottom? You can plant anubias anywhere, as long as the rhizome isn't underground. People like to tie it to rocks, driftwood, you name it. Grows just fine in low tech setups and does even better in high tech setups.

Hi! Thanks for replying. I dont think its anubias though. They dont have a thick rhizome and are small. Realy just around the size of carpet plants.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451972363.778713.jpg

Heres another pic

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451972648.772725.jpg

Top view

Looks cool idk if I'd put a plant from the wild in my tank

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Plants are quite safe as long as you take 1 simple precaution and dip them first. If someone never had the guts to do so, we wouldn't have planted tanks.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Possibly a Marsilea species.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are pics that look similar yea but not quite. It also looks a bit like glosso but im really not sure. Again its found in a waterfalls in the philippines-i think its local like it wasnt accidentally propagated here.

What temp is your tank at? Is it much warmer that's where the plant was collected?
It appears to be adjusting well so far. Keep us posting on its progress.

Back
Top Bottom