Is something eating my Plant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently got three North American Spatterdock plants Nuphar variegatum from a friend that had been growing them in his pond.

first does anyone know anything about this plant (plant geek has a page on its japanese relative.

second as you can see in the pic the leave are developing holes. currently they are in my QT tank (incase they have snail eggs or other unwanted nasties) with some convict fry and a young common pleco (perhaps these are the problem)!

water....
ammonia/nitrite 0
nitrate 20
phosphate 1
ph 8.0

dose no3, k and excel and light is 1.5 wpg

It could be that the plant (aka, cow lily) doesn't do well in the aquarium. It seems a lot of pond plant have a similar problem.

*off-topic - what is that on the glass?

Jchillin said:
It could be that the plant (aka, cow lily) doesn't do well in the aquarium. It seems a lot of pond plant have a similar problem.

*off-topic - what is that on the glass?
algae :oops: , very dark brown, and hard as rock, can not even get off with a razer, thank god it is only in my QT tank!

plant is "growing" new leaves that reach the water surface and form "lilly pads"

Back
Top Bottom