It has come a long way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRagg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I started my tank in June of 2006 and have probably encountered every kind of problem a planted tank can see along the way.

I've had the following algaes:
-Cyano (BGA)
-Diatoms
-Green Spot
-Staghorn
-BBA
-Green Fuzz
-Hair Algae
-(some brownish/red dust algae)

As it is now I've got small amounts of algae showing up, but nothing that is all that bothersome.

I managed to kill 2 otos and my pair of apistos in a CO2 related incident and just recently put fish back in.

Specs:
10g
40W of PC lighting
EI Dosing
Pressurized CO2 (2 bps diffused through a powerhead, no idea as to levels)

Fish/Snails:
4 cardinal tetra (was 5, but one decided to go carpet swimming)
MTS

Plants:
Stargrass
Crypt Lutea
Crypt Wendtii (red)
Narrow leaf dwarf sag
Crypt Parva
Java Fern
Sunset Hygro
(another unknown plant from aquabid)

I would like to thank everyone here that has helped me along the way. I've asked lots of questions, many of which may fall in the "less than intellegent" category, and gotten answers that have gone on to help my situation.

Here are a couple of pictures. It looks cloudy because I diffuse CO2 with a powerhead (mist). I may try to cut off the CO2 and clean the glass for some better pictures. Don't expect too much though, I'm pretty lazy ;).

cardinals2.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still looking for something to fill that gap in front of the HOB filter, but overall I think I'm finally happy with how it looks. I may go with a few dark stones and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom