Java Fern From LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought some java Fern from my local pet shop (go tropic waters) however it didn't click to me it didn't look anything like java fern, rather a Java moss. Little leaves and more or less carpeted. It grows quickly I'll attach a picture soon however I'm moving plants and fish into a 29 today (more on a different post).

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Smack dab middle surrounding driftwood and rock. Not the sword?

Attachments

• 1420869228867.jpg
    1420869228867.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 61
It's really hard to tell without a closeup. It does not look like java fern to me. Maybe Google wendelov fern and compare? Wendelov is a variation of Java fern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its def not Java fern. Also, that grass you have in the back (the tall stuff) looks to be Mondo grass, which is not even an aquatic plant. They sell it as such at petsmart, but it usually dies underwater pretty quickly. I wish they would stop marketing it as an aquatic plant.

Yeah I knew it was mondo grass. But it was only a buck, it's been in there three months, I've only taken it out for a couple days one time when it lost a leaf. Not my favorite.

Weird my lfs is usually very knowledgeable, maybe I just came across a uninformed employee.

Back
Top Bottom